Thursday, November 22, 2012

Progress

Today started off the same...Grace woke up while David was in the shower and she just laid in the bed, face down, whimpering...it is pitiful.  I tried to comfort her but she wouldn't let me touch her.  Once David got out if of the shower and she saw him she was fine. When we went downstairs to eat breakfast she was fine and let me feed her again.  Grace is a super good eater!!  In fact, I have yet to fill her up...I usually end up cutting her off after the 4 th or 5th trip back to the Buffett..ha! 
After breakfast we took a trip to see the terra cotta warriors with our guide.  We were able to see the few warriors that came to the exhibit at the high museum a few years back, but seeing the whole army was amazing!! David held Grace in the Ergo the whole time we were there and she was happy as a clam.  We arrived back at the hotel around 1:00.  Grace sleeping in David's arms, but once we brought her back to the room she woke up...that meant no good nap for 2 days :(.  Grace did pretty well though.  David left us alone again while he went to get us food for lunch.  Grace didn't cry when he left and she was perfectly content playing with me :).  She even let me put a bow in her hair...for just a little bit.  I was told she likes  bows...but so far she hasn't wanted one.  Really a bow is not at all important...I just wanted to try :).  Once David came back she let me feed her again.  Then we went to the hotel lobby to walk around..the room has a tendency to close in around us!!  She started getting a bit fussy so we headed back to the room.  For the rest of the evening she was loving playing with me!!  We had a visit from someone Grace used to know and was very fond of but she hadn't seen her in a while.  When Grace saw her she clung to me and wouldn't let me go.  When she would touch Grace, Grace would  put her head on my shoulder!!  I was thrilled with her reaction!!  I think I am learning who the real Grace is. She is slowly but surely coming out of her shell :). I have learned that she is super busy, has a mind of her own, and loves to hear her own voice :).  She should fit into our family quite well :). Ian better lock up his toys because she is going to be into everything..haha!!  

Tomorrow we are checking out of our hotel and going to Guangzhou in the evening.  It will be the first plane ride for Grace, it should be a good test for the plane ride back to the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment