Monday, November 26, 2012

Visa day...yahoo!!

Hi everyone!!  Right now it is 11:30 AM on Tuesday morning here in Guangzhou.  The Internet is working right now so I thought I would take a minute to post to everyone.  The Internet here in the hotel is awful and doesn't work most of the time.  It has been super hard not being able to Skype with Ian as much as we wanted, but we did get to Skype with him this morning and he seemed to be in great spirits!! He told me only 3 more days until we see each other and then he wasn't going to let me out of sight for a long time...I whole-heartily agree :).   I didn't know my heart could miss someone so much!!!  

Ok...back to our trip...so yesterday it is was cold and rainy here.  I had to dig back out of winter clothes that we weren't supposed to have to use again since it is supposed to be super warm here in GZ. At this point we are all wearing dirty clothes...but at least we will be home soon!!  Anyway, we went to our Visa appt at the US embassy.  It went great.  There were about 10 other families I there at the same time and we all took a vow saying that all of the paperwork we sent in was true.  Then they called us up 1 family at a time to go over the paperwork.  Once she looked over everythingn she told us congratulations and then we lft..that was it!!  I can tell you after our experience in Vietnam that is was a relief to have a dram-free adoption.  Praise the Lord!!  Graces visa will be ready at 3:00 today!  Woohoo!!

After our appt we met up with some of the other members of our group and went out to do some shopping.  We bought souvenirs and other fun things.  Then we met back up with the rest of our group and all went out to dinner at a place called Lucy's.  They serve western style food...I had fried chicken and French fries...it wasn't exactly the same but it was ok.  I think I will just stick to the subway right next door to our hotel.  I have had it every single day since we have been here and it is really good.  I am it very adventurous with food...ha!

Grace woke up not feeling too well again today.  The member of group who is a pediatric nurse said she thought her cough sound like only a chest cough and not an asthmatic cough so we have stopped the albuterol.  She said just to keep giving her tylenol and let her cough so that it doesn't settle inner kchest.  She said they probably wouldn't give her any medicine for it at home either since she kdidnt have a fever any,ore.  That made me feel better.  I have you today how much we love the people we are traveling with?  Everyone just helps each other and gets along so well!! Anyway, grace and I are in the hotel room right now while she is sleeping and David is at Starbucks reading a book.  We are going to go do a little more shopping today and then we are going to with our whole group and guide to have a Dim Dim dinner.  I am not sure what that is but you can rest assured I will be eating subway before we leave just I case I decide not to try anything :) 

Tomorrow another family in our group and David, grace and I take a train first thing in the morning to Hong Kong.  I think it's takes about 2 hours or so to get there from here.  Once others we are dropping our bags at our hotel and taking the subway back to an area of town called Kowloon to do some sightseeing. Then we are spending the night in Hong Kong and then fly out the next day (thursday) for home...woohoo!!  I think David said the f,ought was 14.5 hours, then we layover for 5 hours, then our final leg home is 2.5 hours!! Please pray for us on the way home!!  We did to buy grace a seat so we are praying that the seat between David and I will be open and grace will have her seat!!  

One more update on attachment...grace. And I are dng great together. She lets me comfort her, play with her, bathe her, and feed her.  However, she has not felt good since we got her so I just dint think we have seen the real grace yet.  She has been a bit demanding and it is hard to get her to laugh and play.  According to everyone who has come across Grace in the past, that is not at all the impression they have given me of her.  So, I am blaming it all on her feeling crummy and am praying she feels better soon.  I am ready to enjoy playing and getting to know my daughter.  She is still a !

No comments:

Post a Comment